Prep Time:10 minutes
Total Time:35 minutes
What you will need
- 12 paper baking cups
- 1 box Fun Da-Middles yellow cupcake mix with creamy vanilla filling
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- maple syrup (optional)
- pecan pieces (for sprinkling)
- 1Preheat oven according to package instructions. Line cupcake tin with paper baking cups and set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, beat together cupcake mix, water, canned pumpkin, eggs and pumpkin pie spice on low speed for 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- 3Fill each baking cup 1/3 of the way, making sure batter completely covers the bottom. Set remaining batter aside.
- 4Squeeze filling pouch 20 times, then cut off corner of pouch at cut line and divide filling equally among the cupcakes by squeezing a small amount in the center, making sure filling does not touch sides. Use all the filling.
- 5Place a small dollop of maple syrup on top of the filling, if desired. Scoop the remaining batter evenly over the filled cupcakes, making sure the filling is completely covered. Top with pecan pieces and lightly press down into batter, if desired.
- 6Bake according to package instructions (about 24 to 29 minutes). Remove from oven and allow to cool at least 20 minutes before eating or removing from pan.