What you need:
Fall leaves (fake), small pinecones, sprigs of berries, fall flowers, ribbons, or other small fall decorations.
Tall, but not thin candle (comparable size to the pumpkin)
Knife (adult supervision is needed when doing this project with children)
- Remove as much of the stem of the pumpkin as possible without physically cutting into the pumpkin.
- Place candle on top of the pumpkin and using your marker, trace around the bottom of it.
- Cut a hole for the candle in the pumpkin, using your tracing as a guide and staying as close to it as possible (the more snug the candle fits, the better.)
- Place candle in the pumpkin and use glue to adhere fall leaves or sprigs around the edges of the opening (you may need to press some inside of the opening to secure the candle into place).
- Allow centerpiece to dry before using.